The Mentoring Alliance exists to mobilize godly people into the lives of kids and families, to provide tangible help and eternal hope. Our staff must have the desire to influence, impact and serve the kids and families in our community. Why? Because each and every staff position at The Mentoring Alliance is an integral part of our mission and vision. We consider all positions at The Mentoring Allaince to be first and foremost a Minister of the Gospel.
The Mentoring Alliance is seeking a ministry-minded individual to serve as our Finance and Accounting Manager. The Finanace and Accounting Manager is responsible for managing all financial functions including but not limited to: accounting, tax reporting, audit, budgets, payroll, financial operations, reporting, interpretation and legal requirements. As with other positions within this ministry, the Finance & Accounting Manager is known for their strong Christian character. This person sets an example for younger believers or non-believers, and lives a life that is above reproach. Since they are in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Mentoring Alliance, they recognize that a life consistent with our Christian heritage is of paramount importance. This person abides by the rules and policies of The Mentoring Alliance handbook. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Education and Experience
- Highly proficient in the use of Quickbooks & Excel (Google Sheets)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration or current certification as a CPA.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible work experience managing the accounting and finance functions in a non-profit agency, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years experience managing personnel.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of organizational budgeting and accounting practices, processes and procedures of non-profit organizations including GAAP as defined by FASB.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations in personnel supervision; the recruitment and retention of key personnel; and budget management.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in managing finance and accounting functions.
At TMA, we pride ourselves on the fringe benefits package that we can offer our full-time staff. Our benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive salaries
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan (fully vested from first day of eligibility)
- Generous holiday and paid time off
- 21% off personal AT&T bill / 8% off personal Verizon bill
- Health Insurance with a $0 deductible*
- Dental Insurance*
- Term Life, Short-term & long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death/ Dismemberment Insurance*
- Weekly staff chapel and staff trainings
- Annual staff retreat
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Quarterly staff events (service projects, fun activities, etc.)
- Annual performance review and mid-year feedback review
- Annual survey to help us better our work culture (Best Christian Workplace Survey)
*All insurance premiums for employees are paid 100% by TMA
If interested, fill out an application and attach your resume and cover letter! Please don't hesitate to contact HR if you have any questions at email@example.com or 903-593-9211 ext 105.