The Mentoring Alliance exists to mobilize godly people into the lives of kids and families, to provide tangible help and eternal hope. Our staff must have the desire to influence, impact and serve the kids and families in our community. Why? Because each and every staff position at The Mentoring Alliance is an integral part of our mission and vision. We consider all positions at The Mentoring Allaince to be first and foremost a Minister of the Gospel.
The Mentoring Alliance is seeking a ministry-minded individual to serve as our VP of Development. The VP of Development is the chief development position responsible for successfully creating, leading and implementing an integrated resource development strategy. This person supports the President in positioning the Board to cultivate and solicit major gifts and grants from individuals, corporations, foundations, government agencies and others. The VP of Development is responsible for strategic leadership for the development and marketing departments, donor development, and resource management. This is a full-time exempt position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or experience equivalency in appropriate field; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated successful experience in developing and leading strategic fundraising initiatives. Demonstrated track record of raising significant annual funds for an organization with no affinity donor constituency. Demonstrated experience in developing and growing diversified financial revenues and resources. Knowledge of the ministry of The Mentoring Alliance is preferred.
- Computer experience must include general word processing and implementation of databases.
At TMA, we pride ourselves on the fringe benefits package that we can offer our full-time staff. Our benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive salaries
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan (fully vested from first day of eligibility)
- Generous holiday and paid time off
- 21% off personal AT&T bill / 8% off personal Verizon bill
- Health Insurance with a $0 deductible*
- Dental Insurance*
- Term Life, Short-term & long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death/ Dismemberment Insurance*
*All insurance premiums for employees paid 100% by TMA
- Weekly staff chapel and staff trainings
- Annual staff retreat
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Quarterly staff events (service projects, fun activities, etc.)
- Annual performance review and mid-year feedback review
- Annual survey to help us better our work culture (Best Christian Workplace Survey)
If interested, fill out an application and attach your resume and cover letter! Please don't hesitate to contact HR if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 903-593-9211 ext 105.