The Mentoring Alliance exists to mobilize godly people into the lives of kids and families, to provide tangible help and eternal hope.
Our Core Values
- Christ centered: We point people to Jesus Christ.
- Biblically grounded: We are shaped and guided by the Truth.
- Grace based: We treat people the way God treats us.
- Excellence driven: We strive to make it great.
- Multiethnic: We pursue oneness with diversity.
- Strong Faith
- Godly Character
- Academic Success
- Emotional Resilience
- Life Readiness
The Board of Directors adopted this Statement of Faith in 2013 in efforts to create a standard for the leadership of our organization. We desire to bring on staff and board members who are compelled by Christ’s love and who strive for unity in our goals as a ministry.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, which never fails. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters about which it speaks. (Matt. 5:17-18; Gal. 3:17-20; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21; Heb. 4:12)
- We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Gal. 3:20; Matt. 28:19; Acts 13:2)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:27-35; Heb. 2:17)
- We believe that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, died for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are made righteous on the basis of His shed blood. (2 Cor. 5:14; Rom. 5:19; Rom. 3:24-26)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us. Jesus now serves as high priest, intercessor, and advocate on our behalf with the Father. (Rom. 1:4; John 20:25-27; I John 2:1; Heb. 7:25; Mark 16:19; Acts 1:9-11)
- We believe man was created in the image of God and that he sinned, therefore experiencing death and separation from God. Man is now lost, without hope, and in need of forgiveness. (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 5:12-19, 6:23; Eph. 2:1-3; Mark 7:20-23)
- We believe that anyone can be saved – becoming a child of God – by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is a gift of God, not of works. (Eph. 2:8-9; John 3:7; John 1:12; Rom. 10:9-10)
- We believe it is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. (John 10:28-30; Eph. 4:30; 1 John 2:1; Rom. 8:38-39)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men. Believers are resurrected to enjoy life with God. Unbelievers are resurrected to experience judgment and then eternal suffering apart from God. (1 Cor. 15:52; 1 Thess. 4:16; Rev. 20:4-6; John 5:28-29; Dan. 12:2; Rev. 21:1-8)
- We are committed to ministering to a lost and hurting world and to partnering with other ministries to accomplish this. It is our desire to share the Gospel, to carry on the ministry of reconciliation, and to strive for social justice. (Matt. 25:31-40, 28:18-20; Luke 19:11-27; 2 Cor. 5:20)
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs at The Mentoring Alliance. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of The Mentoring Alliance’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is The Mentoring Alliance’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.